Sustainability is more important than ever, and we all have a responsibility to reduce our carbon footprint. The Scottish Caravan, Motorhome & Holiday Home Show is taking a number of steps to prioritise better outcomes for our visitors, our exhibitors and our environment through our sustainability measures.
- Going paperless – there is no need to print any ticket booked in advance - our tickets are paperless, so you can just show your barcode on your mobile device. We also run a paperless office as much as possible, and have also heavily reduced the amount of printed materials on-site at the show. Where we have to print we use recycled and recyclable paper.
- Deliveries – we work with our suppliers to recuce the number of journeys taken, consolidating deliveries into as few journeys as possible. We also work with local suppliers where possible to reduce the mileage our deliveries travel.
- Visitor travel – we recommend active travel such as walking or cycling wherever it is practical, and public transport or car-sharing where it is not.
- Re-using – wherever possible, we re-use our signage and banners each year rather than have new ones printed and delivered.
- Re-cycling – we recycle materials wherever possible, and you'll spot plenty of recycling bins around the show, and the wider SEC so that you can do the same.
- Sustainable food – the food served onsite at the show is 80% Scottish and 50% plant-forward, plus our food partners, SEC Food, are working towards reducing kitchen food waste to less than 1%. Surplus food is also donated to Launch Foods, who supply meals in deprived area of Glasgow, and food which cannot be donated will be repurposed for internal catering. SEC Food also offer a 50p discount if you bring your own re-usable coffee cup, and if you bring a re-usable water bottle, there are top-up taps on the SEC concourse.
- Sustainable venue – our venue, the SEC, aims to be a net zero campus by 2030 by working on five key areas: climate, governance, partnership, people and resource. This will include an ambitious energy strategy, as well as actions around water efficiency, green travel, supply chain engagement and waste management. To find out more, visit the SEC website.